What happened next.
- Fox: <Zzzip> Look at what they make you give
- Deer: <Ping> We're running out of time - please help. Badger's dreams are getting worse!
- Fox: <Zzipp> OK! We need the others @bear @owl
They turn to go, sunshine and lamplight glinting from the dust hanging in the air at the crossroads.
In a clearing stands a Bear with teeth and a Rabbit who looks like a gentleman-pirate. It is always raining on Bear, but Bear is from the mountains and doesn't mind.
- Bear jumps <Thrummm!>, silently, points. But says nothing.
- Rabbit: <Ting> Yass. Lets go to work
- Rabbit: <Ting> betimes the tube
Bear and Rabbit tap their Oyster cards as they enter the tube.
Owl and Raccoon are together by a river. Raccoon is the trickster-fixer. Owl is a mentat with his wings carefully folded behind his back. Owl pauses, thinks.
- Owl: <chirp!> His fears, the eyefires threaten us all. We will help.
- Raccoon: Oh @badger! Tiger's blood! I can fix it! <Nangg!>
- Raccoon: <Nanng!> I found this boat - lets get going! Quik!
- Rabbit: <Tong!> Tube broken. Stupid warrens in ground.
Bear sighs and waits quietly, but Rabbit simmers impatiently.
- Bear 8X8 Rabbit
- Rabbit-bear: Dig to freedom! <Ting!>
- Bear-rabbit: <Thrumkmkm!>
Owl and Raccoon are in the boat, drifting down the river.
- Owl: <fwirp!> @raccoon remembrys me of a pussycat I once knew
- Raccoon: Shut it Iggle Piggle <NANG-NAHHHNG!>
They fall into a pointed silence.
Owl and Raccoon's boat gently runs aground as the river widens out onto a vast plain with a settlement to one side. On the shore are Deer and Fox.
- Raccoon: Ho @Deer @Fox
- Deer: Can you help Badger?
- Owl: Will there be compensation? <chirp>
- Deer boggles: He *needs* us.
- Owl: <chirp> You should let us wet our beaks a little
Deer frowns. Then Owl blushes.
- Owl: <Meep>
The ground shudders, and Bear-Rabbit and Rabbit-Bear spring from a hole.
- Deer 8X8 Raccoon
- Raccoon-Deer 8X8 Owl
- Raccoon-Owl 8X8 Bear-Rabbit
- Bear-Owl 8X8 Raccoon-Rabbit
- All: ha!
It's quite a party. Eventually, they all swap back.
Badger, despite some recent unsettling news, is starting to feel a bit happier because he can see that the others love him. Perhaps these lasers can be put to use fighting crime.